Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship (CSC Program) 2022
The Xiamen University in collaboration with Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China is delighted to offer the MOFCOM Scholarship (CSC Program) for international students with interest to study for a postgraduate degree in China.
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries.
DETAILS | Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship (CSC Program)
Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China.
China Scholarship Council is entrusted to administer the Scholarship. Xiamen University is among the universities that recruit international students under this scholarship scheme.
To be eligible for Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship (CSC Program), applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45;
- Applicants must be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- Severe physically challenged
- Applicants with at least three years’ working experience, and be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- Applicants must be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- Applicants must be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of Xiamen University’s English-medium programs, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- Applicants must be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- Applicants must be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
Successful applicants for Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrolment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
The Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy in your country will be open for application.
For Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Visit campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and printed the hard copy. For more application instructions, please check Attachment I;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school; Applicants for entry to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics should complete the attached Study Plan Form for Master’s Program Application.
- Two recommendation letters, including one from current employer and one from academic perspective;
- Physical Examination Record for Inbound Travellers;
- Photocopy of the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement, but a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement).
- Photocopy of a valid regular passport.
- Certificate of No criminal Record. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of No Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- Other application documents required by Xiamen University. For details, please refer to https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Master_s_Students.htm.
Application Deadline: Please consult the application receiving authority for the deadline of each year.