Wikipedia 2022 AfroCreatives WikiProject/Afro Creatives WikiProject +film
AfroCreatives WikiProject +film is the inaugural effort of AfroCreatives WikiProject. By mobilizing African film creatives, professionals and film enthusiasts, the campaign aims to measurably enhance information on Wikipedia about the art and industry of African film, including:
- Biographies of notable African creatives and professionals that span the industry, from financing to pre-and post-production.
- African studios, streaming platforms, awards, festivals, guilds, film schools and other institutions that form part of the industry ecosystem
- Movies and television programs that have shaped Africa’s cinematic history and that are defining the current industry
- Developments in African animation, AR, and VR and other technologies.
- Film financing, movie production incentives, government policies, and training and workforce development programs that are advancing the state of the African film industry.
Afro Creatives WikiProject +film is initially focused on the film sectors of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda and Senegal. It is launching with a 3-week edit-a-thon campaign to generate a landmark number of contributions on the film industry of these four countries.
- Your contributions will increase African-generated content about the continent’s film sector on Wikipedia and on the web.
- You will help create awareness and interest among the general public about the project and create visibility of the African film industries of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal on Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- You will help build the capacity within the film industry in Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal to contribute knowledge to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Help propagate the need to create more content about the film industry in Africa that promotes culture, history and the heritage of our people.
Awards and Prizes
The AfroCreatives WikiProject +film campaign is offering a series of country-specific awards in Egypt, Nigeria, Senegal, and Rwanda, as well as international awards. All campaign participants will receive virtual certificates issued by the Wikimedia Foundation and be eligible to add a campaign userbox to their userpage.
Requirements for Wikipedia WikiProject/Afro Creatives Qualification
- All participants must create a Wikipedia account and be signed in before making any edits.
- Make sure you are registered on your country’s dashboard, so your edits can be tracked as part of the campaign.
- All contributions as part of the campaign must follow or be related to the theme of the campaign, African cinema, with a particular focus on Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal. Editing Articles outside this scope will not count.
- Edits should focus on fixing typos, adding categories, adding references, wikilinking, and creating stubs or articles. Any edits outside this such as adding infoboxes, images, etc. are welcome and may earn you additional points.
- Double/multiple performances of one task as several edits on an article count as one edit. For example, fixing two different typos over two different edits on an article counts as one edit, not two.
- Points are not given when an edit is made to correct a previous edit by the same participant.
- Responses to messages on talk pages and reverted edits do not count as an edit.
August 4, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to WikiMedia Common on meta.wikimedia.org to apply
For more details, click herehttps://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/AfroCreatives_WikiProject/Afro_Creatives_WikiProject_%2Bfilm