UNESCO 2022 Granada Writers in Residence Programme
Granada UNESCO City of Literature, which depends on Granada City Council’s Department for the Arts, in partnership with the University of Granada (through its University Extension Unit, International Development Unit, and Social Responsibility, Equality and Inclusion Unit), is launching a new international Granada Writers in Residence Programme.
The purpose of this programme is to strengthen international partnerships in the arts sector in general and in the field of writing in particular, which is one of the main objectives set by the city of Granada as a member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN).
Granada UNESCO City of Literature and the University of Granada are setting up this programme to foster contacts and forge bonds between writers from Granada and those from other cities and countries all over the world, to extend the international reach of Granada-based writers, to build international awareness of the cultural fabric of the city of Granada, and to promote Granada as a city of the arts that welcomes talent from abroad with open arms.
Aim and Benefits of UNESCO Granada Writers in Residence Programme
- A month’s stay (30 nights) in Granada for two writers, between November 3 and December 2, 2022, at the Corrala de Santiago of the University of Granada.
- Granada UNESCO City of Literature will cover the travelling expenses of each of the writers selected.
- The University of Granada will arrange and cover the costs of accommodation for the two writers. Each will have their own room with full board at the university’s hall of residence for visitors (Corrala de Santiago).
- Granada UNESCO City of Literature and the University of Granada will provide the writers in residence with opportunities to participate in the city’s literary life, arranging contacts with local writers, involvement in workshops, teaching activities, and so on.
Requirements for UNESCO Granada Writers in Residence Programme Qualification
- The Granada Writers in Residence Programme is targeted at writers residing in any country in whichever language they write.
- Having published at least two books (prose fiction, essays, poetry, etc.), excluding self-publishing.
- Intermediate to high level of language skills in English or Spanish.
The following, while optional, will also be positively valued:
- Knowledge of Spanish language.
- Cultural and historical interest in the city of Granada.
- An extract (1500–3000 words) from one of your books, in Spanish or English.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
September 1, 2022
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be submitted by email to the contact person in the offices of Granada UNESCO City of Literature, Carmen Casares, email@example.com by no later than September 1, 2022.
Download The Application Form here
For more details,visit UNESCO website