UK Chevening 2023-2024 Masters Scholarships for Nigerian Students | Fully-Funded
Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, but those who are successful tend to have ambition, leadership qualities, and a strong academic background.
We encourage you to apply if you meet our eligibility criteria and other requirements. Your gender, age (there is no upper age limit), sexual orientation, religion, marriage or parenthood status, caste, class, or other attributes do not matter to us. What matters is your ability to submit a strong application that demonstrates you are capable of excelling on an intense master’s course in the UK, and that you have a clear vision for your future – and maybe even that of your sector or your country.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds who also have demonstrable leadership potential. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni. There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the2018/2019 academic cycle. These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Essential: Three different UK master’s course choices
- Optional: English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- Optional: UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
Aim and Benefits of UK Chevening Masters Scholarship
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Requirements for UK Chevening Masters Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
Interview date, Process and Venue for UK Chevening Masters Scholarship
You will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status on the online application system. Log in using your registration details. Take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.
Documents Required for Application
All Chevening applicants must submit their:
- Education documents,
- References, and one
- Unconditional UK university offer.
The deadlines for these required documents are in the Chevening application timeline. Use the ‘update my application’ button above to upload them.
If you are conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you submit these documents in order to remain in the process.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Chevening on www.chevening.org to apply
We recommend that you review the following pages to help you prepare your application: