One World Scholarship Programme for Masters and PhD Students (Opening Soon)
One World Scholarship Programme 2022: Applications are invited from students who are natives of Africa, Asia and Latin America interested in development issues and passionate about advancing their educational career to study in Austria for the 2022/23 academic session.
The One-World Scholarship Programme is directed at students from developing countries at universities in Salzburg or Tyrol. It is meant to contribute to the peaceful coexistence of people from different countries of origin by enhancing equal opportunities, dialogue, intercultural know-how and partnership. The next call for applications will open on 1st June 2022.
One World Scholarship Programme 2022 | DETAILS
The scholarship aims to support students from developing countries seeking masters and doctoral opportunities at public universities or universities of applied sciences in the regions of Salzburg and Tyrol with a partial scholarship. Students at Master level receive 500 € per month, at PhD level 550 € during the semester.
The maximum duration is the prescribed duration of the curriculum plus one semester.The OWS is conceived as a comprehensive programme, which comprises scholarships and special study expenses, extracurricular training, and follow-up contacts.
To be considered for the One World Scholarship in Austria, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- Show interest in development and according specialization in studies
- Demonstrate financial need
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
Interested applicants for the One World Scholarship in Austria are to send application documents to email@example.com by E-Mail or by using a free data transfer (wetransfer). After application has been reviewed, applicants will be invited for an online interview.
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
- account statement covering the past 3 months
- certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
- examinations taken and results of current studies
For Master students:
- Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Bachelor thesis
For PhD students:
- Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Master thesis
- opinion of academic supervisor
- detailed description of research project and its contribution to development practice or discourse
Application Deadline: 31 July 2022