MTN 2022 Hack MoMo to success Competition | MoMo Hackathon
MTN MoMo is a fintech platform offering consumers and businesses a host of innovative digital financial services. Among other things, it allows users to access payment, e-commerce, insurance, lending and remittance services, available in 17 markets across Africa.
We want to unlock economic growth through financial and digital solutions for consumers and businesses of all sizes. As we grow our service offering, we aim to create a marketplace that supports cashless and digital economies through affordable, inclusive, understandable and comprehensive financial services. We play a key role in the evolution of mobile financial services (MFS) to mobile financial (fintech) platforms by offering in-store payments, remittances, prepaid services, mobile wallets, micro-loans and micro-insurance.
The range of solutions to bridge the financial services gap in the markets in which MTN operates requires partnerships with financial service providers, regulatory authorities, other mobile network operators, merchants, distributors, businesses, technology providers, entrepreneurs and developers. It is by working with its partners that MTN improves the economic and social well-being of millions of Africans.
In its commitment to closing the financial inclusion gap, MTN Group has made its Mobile Money platform available across its entire footprint through the MoMo API program.
MTN is now looking for companies, entrepreneurs and developers across the continent to innovate and leverage mobile money to accelerate financial inclusion and digitize payments. MTN is delighted to invite developers and entrepreneurs from 10 countries to participate in the MoMo API Hackathon.
The MoMo API Hackathon will enable developers based in Ghana, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Rwanda, eSwatini, Congo Brazzaville, Guinea Conakry, Zambia and Benin to offer financial and transactional applications innovations using the MTN mobile money (MoMo) API platform.
Aim and Benefits of MTN MoMo Hackathon Competition
Finalists stand the chance to win up to USD 5000 in prize money in their respective country.
Requirements for MTN MoMo Hackathon Competition Qualification
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members on your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or ask other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start on July 18, 2022 00:00 AM IST and end at September 04, 2022 23:59 IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There is 1 hackathon theme, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be fully developed for the duration of the Hackathon. You can use open source libraries and other freely available systems/services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds, etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs solely to your team.
- By participating in the hackathon, you agree to HackerEarth’s terms and conditions.
August 14, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Foundation on momo2022.hackerearth.com to apply
Please follow these guidelines while making your idea submission:
Your idea submission must include the following:
- Idea Title: Written on the cover page
- Problem Statement: What is the specific problem?
- Approach: How will you solve it? Problem by technology (your solution)?
- Overview with a diagram: Share your solutions/prototype mock image & business model with a diagram
Project Submission Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines while making your final project submission:
- You may submit your project as many times as your like. Only the final submission will be judged.
- All projects must contain the following in their submission
- Project overview (3-4 sentences explaining what you built)
- Link to the code on Github
- A presentation (in the form of powerpoint or youtube video) of your project
- Youtube – no longer than 4 minutes
- PPT – no more than 12 slides
For more details, click here