MBBS in Greece Entry Requirements Free Tuition Scholarships
Greece is a famous tourist destination due to its rich history, culture, and friendliness, but what about education? Greece is listed in the top 50 countries for education in the QS global rankings, indicating that studying in Greece is desirable. Here you will find all the information you need for an MBBS in Greece, including entry requirements, free tuition, and scholarship opportunities.
When compared to other European nations, studying in Greece is quite economical. Foreign students from the European Union (EU) pay no tuition; however, international students from non-EU countries must pay a price or apply for one of the many scholarships available to study in Greece for free.
STUDYING MEDICINE IN GREECE
You must either know Greek or be ready to acquire it in order to study in Greece as an international student. Greek is the major language of instruction; students who are not competent in Greek will be forced to attend language classes in addition to their studies. The ancient Greeks made significant contributions to modern medicine. European Union students, like students from other countries, may study medicine in Greece and obtain MBBS for free. Non-European students studying medicine in Greece may be compelled to pay low-cost or no tuition fees.
All overseas candidates must provide the following documents:
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A secondary education certificate from your country’s competent agency. Please keep in mind that when converting your grades to the Greek grading system, you must get at least 10 points out of a possible 20 to be considered for further education in Greece. You may do the conversion on your own. To begin, use several calculators to convert your grades from your home country to a US grade. Then, using this other tool, convert your grade to the Greek grading scale.
- Certificates proving your citizenship and ancestry, as well as your parents’.
- A certificate from your country’s relevant educational authority stating that you are eligible for higher study,
- An official declaration stating that you have never studied higher education in Greece and that you do not possess a degree from a Greek Tertiary Education institution.
- A Greek language certificate demonstrating your ability to communicate in Greek. All needed papers must be translated into Greek and authenticated by a Greek diplomatic mission in your country or the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ translation service.
General Graduate Study Entry Requirements
Master’s degree and higher education applications are sent directly to the tertiary institution of your choice in Greece. The checklist below will help you validate the prerequisites for the institution of your choosing.
To be accepted for a postgraduate degree program in Greece, you must normally produce the following papers.
- A copy of your bachelors’ degree.
- Personal statement
- Reference letters
- An English Proficiency certificate (For courses taught in English)
MBBS: Best Medical Universities in Greece
All of the institutions on this list provide undergraduate medical programs, and several also offer graduate programs in a variety of specialties.
This university’s faculty of medicine (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens) is one of Greece’s premier medical schools. Nanomedicine and Molecular Medicine are two medical-related postgraduate degrees offered by the school of medicine (both in English).
Harokopio University is the finest choice for you if you wish to pursue a medical degree in nutrition in Greece. It is a university that focuses on human nutrition and dietetics in particular. Harokopio University provides nutrition postgraduate degrees and doctorate programs.
The medical school at this university is well-known in Greece and across the world. The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki offers more than 20 postgraduate degrees in medicine.
Medical students at the University of Ioannina have access to renowned medical specialists, clinics, and laboratories. The institution provides five postgraduate programs as well as doctoral programs. The University of Ioannina’s Faculty of Medicine collaborates with a number of institutions in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
The University of Crete has a well-known School of Medicine, which is located near Heraklion. Medical students may learn firsthand from real-life problems at the University of Crete’s university teaching hospital. Doctoral studies, a variety of medicine-related postgraduate degrees, and certain postgraduate degrees are offered in partnership with other institutions are also available at the university.
The University of Patras features a pharmacy department in addition to a medical school. The University of Patras takes pride in its ability to train and educate the future generation of doctors. The school of medicine has a teaching hospital that serves the surrounding community and gives students hands-on experience. The medical school provides undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs.
MBBS in Greece: Scholarships for Medical Study in Greece
International students studying medicine in Greece and Europe may apply for a number of scholarships. Scholarships and fellowships for PhD and post-doctoral medical research students are available via the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (HFRI). University scholarships, such as those offered by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, are available to both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students.
Scholarships from the Fulbright Foundation are also available for USA citizens studying in Greece. It pays for a portion or all of your tuition, as well as a monthly stipend and a variety of additional advantages.