Kokuyo Design Award 2023 International Product Design Competition | Up to ¥2,000,000 Prize
The theme for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2023 is “embrace.”
This word carries meanings like “inclusion” and “hugging.” In that same vein, they are looking for product design proposals that make people feel cheerful and positive by accepting and acknowledging the differences between people and the challenges society is facing.
Aim and Benefits of Kukoyo International Design Award
- Grand Prix (one winner): ¥2,000,000
- Merit Award (three winners): ¥500,000
- Yokoku Award (up to twenty winners): ¥30,000
The contest organizer will pay expenses incurred by participants for travel and lodging (up to two individuals for group entries).
Requirements for Kukoyo International Design Award Qualification
- Any stationery, furniture or tool used in working, learning and living scenes
- The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality.
- Must be able to give a presentation at the final judging (March 18, 2023).
- Entry eligibility is limited to those designs never before shown publicly (in Japan, other countries).
Interview date, Process and Venue for Kukoyo International Design Award
- The design includes a proposed solution to some social issue
- The design has components that make people feel positive
- The idea’s uniqueness
- The product design’s feasibility
- The design’s potential to become a product
October 11, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kukoyo on award.kokuyo.co.jp to apply
For more details, click here