International Youth Math Challenge (IYMC) 2022 for High School and University Students Worldwide
International Youth Math Challenge 2022 is calling for entries from talented high school and university students.
The IYMC is an international mathematics competition that allows students from all around the world to demonstrate their math talents and express their creativity.
Mathematics is critical for comprehending the world, scientific discoveries and progress, as well as engineering and wealth in our society. There is no doubt that math education is essential for kids of all ages worldwide. IYMC’s goal is to create a global competition that is open to all students and teachers – adolescents will have the opportunity to test their talents, be encouraged and rewarded, and enjoy the fascinating world of mathematics.
Aim and Benefits of IYMC Contest
- All participants receive participation certificates.
- The best students receive the 1st prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize with a cash prize of respectively $150 USD, $100 USD, and $50 USD (in both age categories).
- A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Winners and motivated students are encouraged to become official IYMC ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math and to participate in IYMC.
- All participants that use professional computer programs (e.g. TeX) to write down their solutions receive a special honorary note on their certificates since this skill is important for the future career.
Requirements for IYMC Contest Qualification
- Applicant must have to be a high-school or university student;
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative.
- You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
October 16, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Youth Math Challenge on iymc.info to apply
Please submit your solution to the qualification round (here) via the official submission form. Pay attention to the following aspects:
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file (e.g. you can use ImgToPDF).
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. We do not accept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)! You can use this tool to convert your file into PDF: PDF-Converter
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
After you have submitted your solution via the submission form, you can log into your status page (here). This status page allows you to …
- check your status and to check your uploaded solutions.
- view your results and performance reports of each round.
- download/access all your certificates.
- upload solutions for the pre-final round.
- view your personal information and more.
Important Note: Emails do not always arrive properly (e.g. spam folder). Always check your status page in all rounds. We will post your results, certificates, and important information via your status page!
For more details, click here