Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2022/2023 for African Students
Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2022/2023: As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria below.
2022 Application Deadlines:
Intake Deadline for electronic submission Deadline for submission of hard copy
October 2022 15th August 2022 22nd August 2022
Eligible Countries: Countries in the African Union
To be taken at (country): Mauritius
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Applicants for Mauritius Africa Scholarships should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of application
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2022;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Mauritius Africa Scholarships’ candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Mauritius Africa Scholarships: The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
- Master’s Two (2) years
- PhD Three (3) years
How to Apply for Mauritius Africa Scholarships:
Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: email@example.com)
It is important to go through all Application Requirements for application instructions before applying.