Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2022/23 (Fully-Funded to USA)
Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2022/23: Applications are now being received for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program aimed at academic professionals for a research or study opportunity in the United States. Eligible individuals are invited to apply.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (FVSP) is a research fellowship award grants to foreign academics or professionals to conduct advanced research at U.S. institutions. Two categories of grants are offered under The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program: Research Grants and Program and Curriculum Development Grants.
Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2022/23 | DETAILS
The Program are in two categories including the Research Grants and Program and Curriculum Development Grants.
- Research Grants:
Awards of 3 to 9 months are offered for senior faculty to conduct post-doctoral research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Preference will be given to individuals who have at least three years of university teaching experience and a productive scholarly record.
- Program and Curriculum Development Grants:
Awards of 3 to 5 months are offered for senior faculty or administrators to conduct research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Proposals should be linked to professional duties and demonstrate how the candidate will use the knowledge gained to develop new courses, curricula, or other academic programs at the home institution. These grants are designed for university faculty or administrators with less experience and who may not have had recent access to research or instructional developments in their disciplines.
- An intended applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria or a permanent resident, and should hold a valid Nigerian passport.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright scholar grant and without experience or limited experience in the U.S.
- For Research Grants, Applicants must hold a doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in their fields.
- For Program and Curriculum Development Grants, A doctorate degree is not required, but applicants must hold a minimum of a master’s or equivalent graduate degree
Interested applicants for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2022/23 are to complete their applications online.
For Candidates in the South/ South- East/ South West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
For Candidates in the North-Central/North-East/North-West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja
You are welcome to NigeriaFulbright@state.gov with any questions.
Application Deadline: June 1st