French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme (Fully-funded)
The French Institutes for Advanced Study (FIAS) Fellowship Programme currently offers 10-month fellowships in the six Institutes of Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes and Paris. This fellowship programme is fully-funded.
The FIAS Fellowship Programme is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and working towards greater diversity within its academic community. It welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists primarily in the fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
DETAILS | French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship
The call is open to all disciplines in the SSH and all research fields. Research projects from other sciences that features a transversal dialogue with SSH are also eligible. It is highly recommended to check the Institutes webpages to learn more about their focus, scientific priorities and partners.
The Fellows will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS characterized by an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and a close relation to the local research potential. The fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct research as they wish.
To be eligible for French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants will have to be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience.
- Applicants must fulfil the transnational MSCA mobility rule: incoming researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- The Programme is open to all Social Sciences and the Humanities
- Applicants must provide full application forms and all requested documents through the online application platform. Incomplete and late applications are not considered eligible. Applications not complying with the maximum length criteria will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English (also partially) will not be considered.
The Fellows will benefit from the following support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave
- Adequate social security coverage
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces
- Skills training opportunities
To participate in the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme, applicants are to complete the FIAS online application form.
- A detailed curriculum vitae comprising a list of publications
- Copy of the PhD/Master diploma in a pdf format -if the writing system/script used in the diploma is not Latin (but, for example, Cyrillic, Chinese, Arabic or some other), a Latin script university certificate or official translation is requested
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – 1 additional page)
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- Up to two letters of recommendation (optional)
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner (only requested and mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), for the Collegium de Lyon, for MAK’IT (Montpelier IAS) and for the Paris IAS.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details