Destination Australia 2022 Scholarship For Domestic And International Students
The Destination Australia Scholarship have been established under the Commonwealth government’s Destination Australia Program. The purpose of which is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
The scholarship has been established as a result of Grant Funding provided by the Commonwealth of Australia as part of the International Education Support program.
Aim and Benefits of Destination Australia Scholarship For Domestic And International Students
- There will be 12 scholarships available to domestic students and 2 for international students.
- Scholarships will be valued at $15,000 per annum for the duration of the recipient’s program, up to a maximum of three years.
- Payment will be made in two instalments per annum after the census date of each semester.
Requirements for Destination Australia Scholarship For Domestic And International Students Qualification
An applicant must:
- Be commencing a bachelor’s degree at the Riverland campus of Flinders University; and
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics; and
- Be enrolled full-time.
International recipients are also required to maintain a Student Visa for the duration of the scholarship.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Destination Australia Scholarship For Domestic And International Students
Selection will take the following into account:
- Applicants who will relocate to the Riverland region to undertake their study will be given preference
- Students who demonstrate financial need will also be given preference
- Academic merit (based on course entry score) may be used if required.
Tenure: Scholarships will be awarded for the duration of the recipient’s program, subject to maintaining a GPA of 4.0. The maximum tenure is 3 years.
August 5, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Flinders University on www.flinders.edu.au to apply
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date. Please read the how to apply page and ensure all of your personal details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be assessed using this information.
For more details, click here