Applying for a Chevening Scholarship/Fellowship 2022 | Note the Following
Are you applying for a Chevening Scholarship/Fellowship 2022? Then you have to take a closer look at this piece of information. Chevening awards are highly competitive and for an applicant to be selected for the award is a mark of potential of prestige.
It may interest you to know that Chevening scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world which enables students with great leadership and educational abilities from over 160 countries to undertake postgraduate study or courses in the UK.
Chevening is the United Kingdom government’s international award programme targeted at developing global leaders funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and partner organisations. Chevening offers influencers, decision-makers and future leaders from across the globe a unique and rare opportunity to develop professionally and academically, experience the UK culture and build lasting relationships with the United Kingdom.
Since Chevening Scholarships and fellowships are highly competitive, interested applicants will have to stand out from the best in other to win such awards. There are several Chevening Awards available, you may need to find awards available in your country/territory.
General Tips to Note when applying for a Chevening Award
The following tips are to be noted when applying for a Chevening award:
- Grammatical structure: Applicants for Chevening awards are encouraged to always ensure that their grammar is correct, and sentences make sense. Ensure to proof-read your work and double check your spellings.
- Outline how you have used your skills to achieve something positive and remarkable. It is advised that you use your own experiences to address the essay questions showing how you were able to use your skill set have helped you in achieving success.
- Ensure that your curriculum vitae (CV) is original and a true reflection of your life’s journey. Assessors know when CVs are lifted from somewhere else or when personal statements and reference letters are copied. Ensure that you tailor your answers to the specific question.
- Avoid using bullet points to outline job responsibilities or future plans. Chevening award assessors wants to know as much as possible about your goals. Write in full sentences and share your stories
- An outstanding application has to clearly link an applicant’s chosen course of study to their previous experiences and future aspirations and plans. Make sure to show a link between your course of study and your future goals.
- It is advised to use ‘I’ instead of ‘we’ when writing about personal achievements.
- Chevening award applicants should endeavor to demonstrate leadership, influencing and relationship-building skills. Applicants will need to have a clear understanding of how studying with a UK institution of higher learning will help him or her achieve their career goals.
This piece of information is to help potential Chevening applicants to be abreast of the expectations of the screening committee as to what they should include in their applications and what to avoid. We believe that if the tips outlined in this piece is adhered to, then the application documents will often than not make a good impression of the applicant.