African Fashion Foundation Roberta Annan Scholarship 2022
The African Fashion Foundation is delighted to award a Roberta Annan Scholarship to support the best emerging young fashion communication, business, and media talent from Sub-Saharan Africa, providing financial support for their higher education.
The Scholarship provides full fee remission for the Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme and the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Industry Practice degree programme for the successful applicant.
DETAILS | African Fashion Foundation Roberta Annan Scholarship
This is a competitive scholarship scheme aiming to support those with the greatest financial need, talent in the relevant subject areas, and future potential.
Applications are initially for entry on to the one-year Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme. Upon successful completion of this, and a successful additional undergraduate progression interview, the student is expected to progress onto the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice (2 years fast-track) undergraduate degree.
This scholarship is potential and needs based; therefore all applicants will be have to submit detailed evidence to support their financial need for the scholarship in order to progress to the next step.
To be eligible for African Fashion Foundation Roberta Annan Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet these conditions:
- The Roberta Anan Scholarship is open to applications from nationals of the eligible Sub-Saharan African countries (below)
- Students must be aged at least 18 years old on 1st September at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course. An academic year runs 1st September-31st August annually.
- The standard entry requirements for this course are GCSE English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above, or the equivalent international qualifications. This in most cases would be one of the below:
- Senior School Certificate Examination,
- National Senior Certificate,
- National Diploma with higher credits,
- Higher National Diploma with credits
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Côte D’Ivoire, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Keyna, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
If applicants feel they meet all the criteria stated above, they will need to submit the following documents and complete the initial screening via this link
- CV that includes personal details, location, education history and any relevant work experience.
- A copy of a valid passport
- Copies of academic transcripts/certificates
- 500-word personal statement
- Pre-recorded interview video
Application Deadline: May 16, 2022